And the love continues as we take our 3rd multi-generational family mission trip to Rogersville, TN! We hope you are blessed by following along to see what God is doing not only among our team members, but also in the lives of people we meet along the way. May God be glorified through all we say and do!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blog One from Nicholas

Well first off the first day I was a little hesitant on getting started because of the funky smells. But after God helped me get over that smell I started helping in the front putting clothes up and helping with the cash register. Then we went down into the basement and we helped put the food into the plastic bags for the people that come in and get interviewed, we got done so many that they said they ran out of room! So after that we went into the furniture section of the basement and me and Mr. Daniel helped him move around furniture and I got my nickname, Chachi there because the basement guy was reading my nametag and he said cha cha cha chachi.

Mr Daniel thought that that was the funniest thing since sliced bread, so he gave me that nickname. Then the next day Mr. Daniel, Grace Anne, Mrs. Betty and me went on the school bus lunches and I got really hot, but i guess that Grace Anne got a little bit hotter than that! She felt like she was going to throw up so she had to go walk around a little bit. Once we got done we had to take the cooler in and there was a cooler for each person. Once everyone got back in the center, Mr. Daniel wasn't there and he was the last one outside so I just had a feeling that I should go and help him take the cooler in because I thought it might have been hard for him or something. So anyway, when I get out there it turns out he bumped his head and he was bleeding pretty bad, so he told me to go get help. I came back where everyone else was and I calmly told them that Mr. Daniel was bleeding and none of them believed me!!! Finally after some tough convincing, they finally went to go help him and then they called an ambulance that was supposed to be for free but turns out that is was going to be 400$! So they just had one of the other volunteers from tennissee and he drove him to the emergency room. It turns out he was fine but now that he did that they put pading on the door.

Quotes about me:
"the girls on the lunch box today were getting food and eye candy"
-Mr Daniel

''cha cha cha chachi''
-randy from the basement

''those girls are checking you out''
-Mrs Dotty

"Chachi saves lives"
-Mr Daniel

"chachi does math"
-Mr Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Nicholas,
    Sounds like you learned a very big lesson, very quickly. Helping us get over the "funky smells" is a big job that we need GOD for. In fact, even wanting to get over them, is a desire that comes from GOD and his love, flowing through us.
    Mr. Daniel sure was lucky to have you as helper. I'm sorry he was injured, but I'm proud of his "eye candy" remark. Tell him he is much more in tune with young people than I gave him credit for. I'm sure there is a long line of 'tween girls who will remember your big blue eyes, long after the trip is over, but I pray that they remember your willingness to serve and your love for Jesus, too.

    Great post. I love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete