And the love continues as we take our 3rd multi-generational family mission trip to Rogersville, TN! We hope you are blessed by following along to see what God is doing not only among our team members, but also in the lives of people we meet along the way. May God be glorified through all we say and do!!

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Post from one of the Dulaney's

WOW! What a day! This morning, Denise, Abby, Tina, Grace Anne and I went to clean a house.  After arriving at the house we learned that we would not be cleaning. Our task was to remove everything from a bedroom so the construction team could replace the floor.  The door would not open due to mass amounts of "STUFF" in the room.  There was "STUFF" piled from the floor to the ceiling.  You could not see the floor or the walls.  Tons of trash bags later (and finding a dead rat) we completed our task so the construction team could do their work.
It was a very rewarding day being able to visit with the home owner and help her clean out a room that she was not physically able to do herself.
Tonight before dinner Daniel asked me how my day was and I said "It was fine".  That was all, it was just fine, nothing wonderful or magical but it was a good day. Little did I know that God was about to rock my world. During our team meeting we opened up by singing "Open the eyes of my heart", and all I could do was sing that song with tears running down my checks because that is exactly my prayer for not only this week, but for my life. 
Followed by our time of worship through song, Bryson and Caleb Little lead our devotion.  Now folks, I am here to tell you that God uses people of ALL ages! The message was so powerful and was exactly what I(we) needed to hear!  Just when I thought my heart could not get any fuller, God once again rocked my world when we broke into our small groups and shared about our day.  As I sat there and listened I was in Awe of Gods goodness. 
I am so thankful that God has once again allowed Daniel, Grace Anne and I to come and share His love to the people of TN.  God is doing great things in the lives of each team member and is using each of them to glorify His name! Hold on people, this week is only going to get better! I can't wait to see what God has in store!!!!!
Sending lots of love,
Lori Dulaney  

No comments:

Post a Comment